Museum Flehite is the art and cultural history museum for the city of Amersfoort and Eemland. The museum was founded in 1880 by the Flehite Archaeological Society (1878), the name comes from the old shire Flehite (or actually Flethite). In 1890 the first of the current three medieval buildings on the Breestraat was moved into. Since 1976, the museum has been managed by a separate foundation. From 2007 to 2009, the museum was closed due to the removal of asbestos, and then for major refurbishment. Until then, the exhibitions were held elsewhere. The museum was reopened to the public on May 16, 2009.
3 april 2016